If women could go to war and be in a combat position would you why or why not?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Sure. A study was done in the 80s, before women were allowed the combat roles they have today. A woman pulled the trigger to kill the enemy faster than a man, because a woman instinctively thinks of protecting hearth and home. A man, if he is thinking, considers his fellow man. A woman - her home and kiddos. She shoots faster.

When I wanted to go to the NA - women could not do anything I wanted to. I chose a civilian lifestyle. I tried to enlist in the Israeli army, and my dad put the kaibash on that due to my age, and sent me off to college.

So yes I would have, because I would have loved combat training. Do I want to kill others? No, but protecting my family, and my country is honorable, and I would do so.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 8:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Women DO go to war. My DIL, a niece and my cousin have all served in Iraq and Afghanistan. My DIL 2 tours, my cousin 2 tours. M DIL has a 6 inch scar down one arm from shrapnel from an IED the was thrown into their convoy. Could I? Not if I had children at home. I've been the parent left behind while the other deploys and both sides suck. But if they choose it more power to them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I wouldnt personally..for several reasons...for one..I'm scared to be shot and killed,lol..really...I have a fear of pain..especially a painful death. I am no where near brave enough to fight like that.Also..I couldn't be seperated from my children like that..my babies need thier mama :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes we can go to war. It does suck leaving your kid/family behind. But I have to believe it creates a better future for my child. I serve hoping that she won't have to.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Absolutely not. I couldn't and wouldn't leave my son.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm pretty sure women can and do go to war....I would have gone myself but I let my dad talk me out of joining the military
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Nope, for the simple fact that I don't want to get my skinny white ass shot at. I also couldn't leave my daughter
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If you are talking about the wars we have now no.

But if there is a war in the US, than I would have fight.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Well, women can go to war, but they aren't supposed to be in combat positions (or maybe only ground combat, presumably they'd be OK in a fighter jet?)

I'd have a VERY tough time killing someone. But if my home were invaded, and my children/husband in danger, I'm pretty sure I'd find a way to fight for it. I wouldn't join the military to fight wherever they wanted doing whatever they wanted, although the troops in Afghanistan and Iraq have done some amazing useful and good things, which is cool, you could also get stuck doing something you don't approve of morally.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Good answer, gammie
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011