Do you believe right now you are CEO material?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes, i have the belief and I am the CEO of my own business...being a leader is not being a manager of a team...
    When you have the proper mindset and accountability...it doesn't matter if you are CEO of Nike or CEO of your Biz...
    Im good at what I do and it duplicates...thats what it takes
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No, I'm not, and I never will be. I have been in the work force consistently for over 13 years now, full time. My role has always been second hand (wo)man to the owner (CEO, boss, manager, whichever title you'd like to adhere). I've been involved in every facet, every in and out that goes hand in hand with running a business, but I could never be CEO. The stress alone would break me.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I've been in the business world over 10 years mostly in operations. While I have a lot of knowledge and am great at my job I would still say I am no where close to being ready to be a CEO. My experience outside the office has no bearing on prepartion for that type of role. I know people who have over 25 years of experience at a VP level who are still not ready for a CEO role.

Out of pure entertainment I would love to see someone with no business experience thrown into a CEO position at a medium to large company. Hell even a small company managing budgets, hiring, firing, marketing, and keeping the company afloat is difficult with no prior business experience. They should make that a reality TV show, I'd watch.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 3:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No.

Though I am hitting close to 50, have a master's degree, and worked for many years/lived in other parts of the world..etc.. I am not CEO material. My degree, my experiences have nothing to do with Business, much less running a multinational or other level corporation.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No. I don't have the experience or the business knowledge at this point in time.
    I love my job right now, it is low stress, which is very helpful with 2 little ones at home. I do not wish to be a CEO at this point in time.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No. CIO for a small company maybe, but not a CEO. The majority of my education and all of my experience is in IT. I don't have the more in-depth knowledge of management, marketing, and finance that a CEO needs. I definitely wouldn't want the stress that goes with the job.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Possibly. It depends on the business. I have 3 children whose ages range between 4 - 13. My DH and I have to come up with suitable answers to their problems and dish out appropriate disciplines for each of them. It is all a juggling act. My question is how do you light a fire under someone that doesn't want to do their job? There are repercussions to firing someone. I don't know about you but I don't want to have to pay that person unemployment or go to court because the person decided they want to fight the firing.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yep know to how to run my own company
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 4:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I definitely have the skills and experience to be a CEO of a smaller (like under $5 million a year) company

Answer by rkoloms at 4:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Nope, I'm 26 years old. Too young.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011