Why do other family member thing they need to be in your relationship with your hubby?

TeresaM35

Asked by TeresaM35 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Because they are either nosy or have no life of their own...or both.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Most do it because they THINK they can help. Not so much the case though normally.
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I can only speak for myself, my family, my marriage.

Neither my family nor my husband's family feels they have any business in our marriage.. My mother is very clear and firm in regards to her feelings that my marriage is mine, not her's and she has no business nor place getting involved in it. My MIL shares the same sentiment. Other inlaws (BILs/SILs) have their own marriages to live in and deal with, they have no interest in mine and it's up/downs (like I have no interest in their's.lol)

My husband and I also have the same feeling. Our marriage, our marital issues are our's.. They are not our family's and we do not share them with family. We never invite family into our marital issues in order for them to have an opinion to be honest.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• From what I've seen of this they seem to think since they are family there are no boundaries and it's okay to interfere. Also, they can't let go and grasp that the person they are so concerned about is an adult who should be allowed to live their life as they see fit.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• They think they're trying to help.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011