When do you think is the right age to tell the truth about...

The Easter bunny and Santa?

I think 8 - 10...but my LP thinks 5 or 6! It would make me so sad to do it that early!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Holidays

• Y even do it,let them believe it as long as they do. No reason to tell them anything.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The Truth??? I know there's no Easter Bunny.... but there is a Santa. Not our modern day one that everyone thinks of... but one non the less.

My step son will be 11 in May. I think he still believes in Santa.  He gets a letter and everything every year.  As for the Easter Bunny, I think he wants US to think he still believes so that he'll continue to get the candy.

MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I didn't break the news. He finally told me they weren't real. Worked for me that way.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• When they figure it out. I was at least 13 when I finally got wise. No need to ruin their innocence early.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Just let them believe as long as they want. They'll figure it out on their own.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My boys are 9 and 12 and the Santa and the EB still come. I handle them the way my Mom handled us when we asked..she said Santa and the EB are the very best kind of a magical miracle...as long as you believe they will come. The EB quit visiting my sisters and I some time ago..but Santa still leaves something in stockings for us at our Mom's house. I haven't been home at Christmas in years, but my first visit after Christmas is very special to me.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• They hear about it at school. They still love pretending.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• if you divide them by i, that makes them real lol but really, i'm interested in the input here.
    Gidgetsafreaq

Answer by Gidgetsafreaq at 3:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i wouldnt ever let my babies believe in it personally i would feel like im lying to them and u better tell them before they get their feelings hurt in school..ive seen it happen u kno when the 5th graders and 1st graders ride the bus 2gether! :/
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I was never really told, I just grew out of it, and reality hit me. I am not going to tell my DS or DD. They will figure it out on their own.
    jaysmommy04

Answer by jaysmommy04 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2011