How many calories burned on elliptical??

I just used my elliptical for 30 minutes on a resistance of 1 (I need to change the batteres, so I can change the resistance). I weigh 142 and am 5'2". Myfitnesspal says 290, another website said 200. Thats a difference of 90 calories. I am trying to keep track of my burned calories to help me reach my gaol in 60 days (just 7lbs). Can anyone help me figure out which is a better estimate? Also I just have a regualr elliptical. It's nothing fancy. It's resistance level goes up to 10. Oh and if this matters at all I am guessing I did about 60 rpm the entire time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It's all approximate. If you truly want an accurate measurement, get a heart rate monitor (don't rely on the ones on the machines). Counting calories is a small part of the battle really. It's not exact. Try not to stress yourself out so much!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• go in the middle pick 245
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011