Want to lose weight without excercise.....what do i need to set my caloric intake too??

doula-mom25

Asked by doula-mom25 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm not sure. Check out Sparkpeople.com it's an awesome free site for losing weight - almost like weight watchers as you track your food. Exercise is always good though. Any particular reason for not wanting to excercise? Stay healthy!
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 3:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sparkpeople.com is a great resource, as is mypyramid.gov. Never go below 1200 calories a day. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I want to start but every time i start I do great for 2weeks then just stop...i hit a wall or something....I do want to start after i see some results without...then i think it will make a diff faster...I don't know ...maybe laziness...
    doula-mom25

Comment by doula-mom25 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Go to the new to weight loss section here, click on tips, ideas, menus from fitness instructor QueenieAbby. She has a nonworkout day sample of menus.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 3:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• There is also a good Healthy Weight Loss group on here, as well as a Clean Eating group. I have been eating clean (and exercising) and I've lost 58 lbs over the last year so far.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You have to do some sort of exercise, if you don't and just reduce your calories you'll not just lose fat but also lean muscle mass and you won't be any healthier. We need to exercise our bodies and our heart for optimal health....and adding some sort of strength training will build lean muscle mass...which speeds your metabolism and you burn more calories at rest (every pound of muscle burns about 50 calories a day).

I know it's hard to find time. I get up a half hour before anyone else so I can workout. It's early, but it's worth it.

And I agree with musicpisces, i'm a member of both groups she mentioned and you'll get great motivation and support on the groups. Eating clean is amazing.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sigh...
    PM me your age, height, and weight and I will do your BMR for you...this means I will tell you how many calories you need to function without being active, maintenance and loss calories...

Losing weight without exercise is not a healthy way to lose weight. You will not keep it off and it will be a vicious cycle. Period. I'm in the Healthy Weight Loss group and it is full of tips and encouragement...you will also learn a lot about weight loss in there as well as overall health.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 4:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I mean its not like I do no physical activity...I have a job where I am walking alot...I mean its back and forth within the store I work in.......I lift things...and when im at home if i am not on this site I an cleaning up my house...
    doula-mom25

Comment by doula-mom25 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You can't just pluck a number out of thin air...there is a specific formula to figure it out... I need your age, height, weight and exercise schedule...( unfortunately, those activities are not going to do much at all for weight loss..the key to weight loss is to burn an extra 3500 calories per week to lose 1 lb of fat...cardio is essential as is strength training..as you build muscle you will burn fat in cardio ( 30 minutes of elevated heart rate at one time).
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• get the surgery like i did and do 900 calorie
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2011