Halcion

Has anyone had to take this on a semi regular basis? I take it for dental work (which I've had a lot of lately) and it seems I may be building up a tolerance. But, my dentist said it's rare to get a tolerance to this type of med (sedation).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

Samanthamommy

Asked by Samanthamommy at 3:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• If you are only taking it when you go to the dentist, it should not be an issue. Now if you have a prescription, and you are taking it daily, then, absolutely.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I only take it when I go to the dentist, but I've gone to the dentist every 2 weeks (sometimes even more often than that) since January. I'm recovering from an awful infection that was in 2 teeth, my jaw and caused lock jaw...
    Samanthamommy

Comment by Samanthamommy (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You should be fine. What you might be noticing is that you are more "comfortable" being sedated. It porbably has the same effect, but you are intepreting it differently.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011