Opinions on Nursery Water (fluoridated water)?

I keep reading conflicting information about fluoridated water...
I have been mixing my daughter's formula with Nursery Water for the last 4 months, and am wondering if I should continue to use it, or just use regular bottled water?

What are you ladies' opinions?

MrsGoss

Asked by MrsGoss at 4:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't have to use it. You can use tap depending on your water supply and be just as fine. Babies don't really need all the fluoride
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I always used regular bottled water or water from the britta... All 3 of my kids turned out fine....
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• just use tap water and boil a large amount of it. it kills the germs and chemicals in it.. and keep it in a pitcher or something in your fridge and just use that. its even better and cheaper.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I used it before my daughter got teeth then I started using tap water. fluoridated water Is bad for teeth
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:35 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I say to continue to use the water up until your baby gets teeth. because fluoride is bad for babies teeth, i used it up until my son got his first teeth then i started using tap or bottled water
    RomeoButtlerMOM

Answer by RomeoButtlerMOM at 4:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I thought flouride is good for teeth????
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i would ask ur pediatrician. i think they recommend flouridated water for babies over 6 months, but im not sure. tap water is flouridated in a lot of places. i plan on using bottled water unless the pediatrician tells me different, and if hes concerned they can always give the baby a flouride supplement. personally i wouldnt spend the extra money on the nursery water, but if thats not an issue for u, its really ur choice
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Use nursery water or tap water.
    Skip the regular bottled water - it is not regulated (tap water is) and there is no one making certain that the "filters" at the plants are actually cleaned. Tap water goes into the bottled water factories but what comes out is frequentely lower in quality than what went in.
    You do not need to boil tap water unless you (1) have a premie with healthy problems or (2) use well water.
    Floruide is GOOD for teeth. It helps make the enamel stronger so it is harder for cavatives to form. However, too much can cause white spots in the enamel. Perhaps that's why some people think it is bad for teeth. As the old saying goes... A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

http://dentalresource.org/topics6.htm
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Fluoride is only beneficial to teeth through topical application. Fluoride should not be ingested, which is why toothpaste has warnings on the label about swallowing it, and children's toothpaste is fluoride free.

Many countries do not fluoridate the water supply. Unfortunately the US does. Fluoride is actually a toxin and I cannot understand why it is added to Nursery Water. I recommend regular bottled water, water from a filtered pitcher (ie Brita) or tap water if you have a good filter on your water line.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• http://www.babycenter.com/404_what-kind-of-water-should-i-use-to-prepare-baby-formula_9139.bc
    http://marloelaine.com/2007/02/14/is-your-infant-getting-too-much-fluoride/
    http://www.greendaily.com/2008/02/13/bottled-nursery-water-with-fluoride/

from my understanding, there is fluoride in the formula and in the water, so your baby gets too much.
    Anonymous