Do you keep your e-mail inbox organized?

I wish I was better at this. I have 937 items in my inbox, yikes! I try to organize them into little sub-folders and delete away all the unnecessary ones, but they always pile up! Tips welcome.

DragonflyGirls

Asked by DragonflyGirls at 3:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Technology

• Each day, I sort my inbox (not 100%, but a good chunk). The newsletters I want to get to at some point have thier own folders, so they all get moved each day, and anything I know for sure is trash gets deleted. From there, I read anything important, and often, the others do sit until I take the time to go through and clear out my inbox (about every 6 months or so). Not perfect, but it works for me.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have several folders, each one has a filter so the correct email goes where it belongs. I read and delete immediately or else anything needing saved goes in the important email folder.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 3:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have to since people frequently email me with new "orders". I flag the ones that are pending, and delete the rest. I never keep emails from other sources like friends and family...they're almost ALWAYS forwards of some sort.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Mine got away from me over a year ago. I've been deleted old spam from my inbox for about two weeks now, and I think I'm still at 3000+! I do a bit every day and I'm getting there... I hope. I get so much spam every day it's hard to stay on top of it!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I delete daily.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:29 PM on Apr. 18, 2011