Anyone else's kids driving them nuts today?

2 of mine are home sick from school and the little one did not have school today (due to 1/2 day). Seems it has been nothing but pick, pick, pick, fuss, fuss, fuss all day! Mostly it is between the 12 and 5 yr old- my oldest is 14 and pretty much behaving himself. I even rented a few movies (after the trip to the doctor's office) hoping that would buy me some much needed peace and quiet-- but even that did not help. I am almost counting the minutes till my hubs gets home..... So how are your kids today? Are they behaving or are they driving you nuts as well?

toddler tantrumgoing crazy

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 3:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Its funny you should ask that, because I am pretty sure my head is going to explode. My kids have been fighting and screaming and whining all day!!! They arent not usually like this.. sometimes but not this bad and loud!!! Ugh bedtime cant come soon enough!!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You are singin' my song girl! My lil one finally stopped whine/crying when I decided to put him down for a nap.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I had one of those days the other day with clothing issues- DD complained about how everything fit. Then, bedtime was an issue, every little wrinkle in the covers were bothering her! Drove me nuts. Today, my dog is being the naughty one.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh yes! age 4 and age 2 . . . they have been fighting over toys . . . 2 year old thinks it is fun to cry "like a baby" . . . four year old is thinking it is fun to taunt . . . mommy is thinking it would be fun if poppy could come home, so she could get in a nice hot shower for 30 minutes!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• LMAO! I was just about to post a ? about how mine has pissed me off!!!! A friend of mine stopped by to drop off some things she knit for the new baby (due in June) and her...so we're chatting and I'm telling her how much I love the blanket and jacket and Kelley (4) tells me that we're being too loud and we need to be quite!!!! WTH! I just ignore her at first so then she YELLS AT ME!!! "MOMMY I CAN'T HEAR THE TV! BE QUITE!"

So yeah...she's in her room right now on a serious time out!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It is raining here so we are bored out of our minds! My 3yo is currently on the couch watching tv & looks like she will nod off at some point here. Thankfully I only have one child I dont know how you ladies do it with sevearl children lol I am just not that good at motherhood to deal with more then one!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Both of mine decided today is the day we are going to drive mom crazy!My DD complained about everything from the clothes she put on, to her hair,breakfast, and well anything else you can imagine.My DS had an appointment at special education to place him for school and has been completly spinning off the walls,floors , couches,and everything.He also has ADHD and does not do well going new places as his excitment takes over then the lack of focus and other things take over.Nothing is making either of them happy today, its just a crappy day I guess, I feel for you.My DH isn't of much help when he is here I do all the kid stuff while they cry for his attention, it sux but thats how it is .
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Mine has been driving me crazy today. I don't know what her problem was.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• dont they always
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• mine is driving me nuts only because he received an Alphie toy for his birthday and wants to play with it all day long!!!!
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2011