Okay here is my meal intake for today and yesterday...

every day is petty much this same sort of thing...

Breakfast- 8 oz fat free milk with 2 tbs of Ovaltine
Snack-Cheese stick
Lunch-6 inch subway turkey sub with veggies and mayo
Dinner-about 3/4 cup Corn with red/grn/yellow peppers(more pepper than corn really), 1/2 chicken breast, about 1 cup yellow rice with peas and carrots.

Breakfast-A bite of cheese and some Kool-aide( yeah busy morning)
Lunch- 1 cup mashed potatoes/cauliflower(1/2 &1/2 mix), 1/2 slice of meat& veggie loaf, 1/2 cob of corn- no butter
snack- fruit leather strip
Dinner- chunky garden sauce over wheat pasta and topped with sauteed zucchini.

Why am I fat? Not fat, obese according to my BMI. Of course I can lift 60 pounds...

Oh and I walk the dog for 30 min a day and chase a toddler all day...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You may not be eating enough. You should be eating BARE minimum 1200 calories a day. Also, take a multivitamin. Any deficiencies will slow your metabolism, so that your body can hold onto the reserves of what you have. Check out mypyramid.gov to see what you should be eating to get to a healthy weight. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• sounds like you are doing it right. Hang in there sometimes it takes your body a few days to adjust. Keep up the ( hard work) Trying to lose weight is hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The mayo is fattening. U did not gain it in a day,it will take time to lose it. Be patient,it will happen.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would say to lose the sugar and starchy foods. Make sure you also get some healthy oils in there. More lean cuts of meat and less processed meat and ground beef. More filling vegetables, sweet potatoes, spinach, carrots, kale..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• you're going the wrong way with the fat free. milk. our bodies need whole milk. the fat in milk does NOT make fat on the body, what it does is makes our bodies absorb the nutrients. you're not getting one single nutrient from fat free or reduced fat milk. too many people are uninformed or misinformed about milk. whole milk and dairy are the healthiest. you need more protein too
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• maybe you are eating too many carbs & dairy. Your meal plan doesnt sound bad but you may not be right for your body. You could have oatmeal for breakfast and fruit for a snack. Do you eat light cheese and fat free milk? You could cut out the mayo too. How tall are you ? What do you weigh?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• momofone...I am surprised to read that about milk..I use 1% and prefer it to whole milk. I don't mind 2% but fat free cheese is yucky so I get 2 %.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• You NEED a breakfast, milk with ovaltine doesn't cut it, you need a protein and carb together, such as a scrambled egg on a slice of whole grain toast or at least a slice of whole grain bread with a tablespoon of peanut or almond butter.

Your snacks, you need more than just a cheese stick or a fruit leather strip. Have a cup of plain greek yogurt with a few frozen berries, or a handful of almonds and the cheese stick....or a hard boiled egg and some baby carrots.

Lunch: the carbs are kinda the killer here, and the mayo. Switch to mustard. And get the whole grain roll BUT ask for it before they make it and gouge out as much of the bread as possible and throw it away...the rolls have a lot of carbs and what you don't burn for fuel shortly after eating gets stored as fat....don't have the potatoes AND corn, corn isn't a veggie, it's a starch/carb in your system. Reality is neither are a good choice......CONT....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am 220 at 5'3". I don't really like fruit and I can't do the consistency of oatmeal or yogurt. I will do granola some mornings. I am also not a big meat eater. I prefer my veggies. I know I have a bit of starch but I try to cut it with other veggies to make it less starchy. I do not eat light cheese, it is 1% or fat free milk and I don't eat mayo often. We don't really do sandwiches...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh we always have whole grain here! I just can't get into the habit of eating breakfast...
    if the corn is mixed with more than 1/2 veggie and the potatoes are half veggie doesn't that count as only 1/2 a starch?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011