The story of mom driving van into the river... One of the kids got out and survived.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/13/new.york.river.deaths/index.html?hpt=T2

At least there is a little good news in a horrible story.

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know how good though, that poor boy now has to continue living with no mother, no siblings, and possibly the regret of "i should've saved my brother/sister." He's not going to have a "good" life by any means.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• He will have to live with the fact he is the only survivor but he will live.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I also worry about the "good" his life will be from now on. I hope he has other family that is willing to help him through this. His mother is a selfish woman.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 3:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I haven't read the story, but heard some of it on this news this morning. All I can think is the pain and suffering this boy will have the rest of his life. The reminder of seeing it happen. The nightmares. I am not saying it's a bad think he survived...just saying he'll have a lot of trauma for awhile, if not forever. Some people are so freaking selfish!!!!!!! I think I am going to read the story now.

ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Ok, so I just read the article. Those babies (11 month, 2 & 5) NEVER had a chance since they were probably in carseats.

I can't even imagine~!

My heart breaks for them and any remaining relatives.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I just pray someone in the family will care for the little boy, and get him all the help he needs to get through this. He has a long hard road ahead of him.... There is nothing good about this story at all.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That makes me sick to my stomach! I just will never understand how Mother's could do that to her kids.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I just don't get it.....at all.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That's no good news. He's going to live with that horror for the rest of his life. I highly doubt he'll ever be glad he made it out alive.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i don't think what the mother dose was right but sounds like the father was beating her :( she must have been sacred he would have got the kids and thought the be better of dead for any women to do that i don't really wona think about what she been threw its a very hard story i wish someone would have helped her i hope that boy dose nto go to his father and i hope he gets a good home and counselling

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011