Helping victims of domestic violence to find their feet financially

I putting together a presentation to help victims of domestic violence find financial independence. The profile of the target person (hypothetical) is a female that had no or little employment background, living in a rural town of 25,000, and has no car. I need to include everything from babysitting (state subsidized), and transportation, the psychology of working entry level (Walmart). I have the student loan aspect covered since I work for Student Financial Services. The message must be very pragmatic & to the point (but must have a tone of hope).

From a lady who's worked her entire life (me), I don't know where to start (other than I got started working two jobs at once). But, two jobs is enough to scare anyone. I don't want to scare.

Do you know of any productive links to help that can help a survivor with minimum (0r no) work history find her feet financially independent?

Thanks in advance

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 3:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• She needs to get to a community college and learn skills: microsoft office (at least work, excel and powerpoint), and bookkeeping

Answer by rkoloms at 4:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2011