What do I do...he makes plans with my dd's and never follow's through.....

About 3 weeks ago he made plans to go to McD's with my dd's whom he hasn't seen in 3 months....well he never followed through. Last night after he begged me for over an hour, I finally brought my 2 dd's to him (2yo and 1yo btw) They visited for about an hour and a half. Last night he promised my oldest dd he would see her tomorrow (which is today) and we would all go to McD's, she's been begging to go there. I texted him a little while ago, and he says he can't he has a side job to do to make some money, ..... so yet again I have to tell my dd when I pick her up from daycare that she isn't seeing daddy today and we're not going to McD's... i am SO tired of him making plans and i have to be the bad guy to my DD. I told him i'm DONE making plans....

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop telling her about the "plans". DAD needs to come get the girls from your house. Then when he knocks on the dr... the girls will be suprised !!!! If he never comes.. then they wont be disappointed!!!!

after you pick them up from day care today.. can u not take them by McD's to play for a few???

and if his fantasy of getting the girls get in the way of your plans on the weekend then and only then do you let him know that.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It's not that I tell my dd's, HE tells them he's taking them to McD's! He tells them countless times he's going to call and visit and never does.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have the same problem with my baby daddy..He would always say he would be here to pick her up but would never show,,, she would have her bags packed and everyhing to go stay the weekend and then another no show...It really sucks seeing your child disappointed. So I stopped telling her about what her dad says because more than likely it was BS. So I wouldnt even tell them about it...Just keep the plans between you and him that way the kids wont be hurt anymore..and if is does come then its a big suprise....
    momofmonsters27

Answer by momofmonsters27 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011