I would love to hear book suggestions...

Recommend some to me please?

momto1girl3boys

Asked by momto1girl3boys at 3:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• I always recommend this book, it's one of my fav's..."The Crimson Petal and The White" by Michel Faber about a Victorian era prostitute and her life....it is SO good
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• What do you like?

I suggest the Fever series. Author is Moning.
    Also the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I was going to recommend the Black Dagger Brotherhood series too!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I tend to read all sorts of genres. I like going out of my comfort zone for new books. I am usually pleasantly surprised. I just finished the hunger games series. It was a book I typically would not have thought to read and it was a good easy read. I couldn't put it down.
    momto1girl3boys

Comment by momto1girl3boys (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• What kinds of books do you typically enjoy- classics, mysteries, romances, light reading, etc? I love to read but different people enjoy different types of books so I'm not sure what to recommend here.

One of my all time favorite series is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Great, great stories, romance, action, etc. It took me about 75 pages to get into it and then I could not put it down.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Oh another good one was "Kite Runner".....I can't remember the name of the author though =( I'll post it once I get my lazy self off the couch and go look at the book lol....OH! Another good one is "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Any of the Dan Brown books.
    My hubby read 2: Deception Point and Digital Fortress. Loved them both. I've already read Digital Fortress and now in middle of other. He liked those so much that he's now also read Angels and Demons (read first), Da Vinci Code. Now he's in the middle of his latest book: The Lost Symbol.
    My hubby is not a big reader, but has read these 4 books in last year alone!

I really like the Author Lori O'Clare. Kinda a cross between romance, steamy and mystery
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 3:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I read danielle steel and debbie maccomber. But really love christian fiction and love the sisterchick series by robin junes gunn, the pot luck series, karen kingsbury, beth wiseman, kathleen fuller, wanda and brunsteer,thomas kinkand,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I love the "clan of the cave bear" series,, I hope I spell it right Jean Auel!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sorry, just saw your response about the genres.

Cane River by Lalita Tademy changed the way I look at the history of slavery and race relations in this country and was an amazingly moving story.

Anything by Nelson Demille I really like- he's funny in a really sarcastic way and his books are real page turners.

There's a book called 1000 White Women that I loved, not sure who the author is. Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver is another favorite. For light summer reading I enjoyed the Twilight Series and the Harry Potter books were great, too. My favorite classics include To Kill a Mockingbird, Gone With the Wind, Anne of Green Gables.

Happy reading!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011