Where can I find workbooks?

my dd is turning 3 in two months, and I'm wanting to look into getting her started on some workbooks where she can learn slot of the things she would normally learn with a preschool program..she's a very bright little girl and knows her colors (like pink blue green purple red orange yellow but gets a little confused with brown black and white)..and is starting to recognize some letters of the alphabet (like "e"), and can recognize her numbers when we show her how many on our hands (under 10 of course)..she can count to 15 unassisted and can finish to 30 with a little help..she knows get name and how old she is along with animals and their sounds (we have a ton of apps on our phones to help her with animal matching (find the sheep and she can find it) and so on that she loves)..but where can I find simple workbooks to get her started on shape recognition and basic writing skills?..I'm not sure if I should even touch on reading yet..and how would I if I decide to?..she loves telling stories and having books read to her, and can sit and tell you about a simple book that we just read (like a feel and learn book, about the deers nose, the soft fur of the lamb, the perch that the reckon was climbing on) things like that..sorry to go on and on, but I feel bad that she just plays all day long..like she needs some sort of structure other than just counting her blocks and babies and so on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• wal-mart has some
    there are some great sites online
    just type in what you want in Google
    then print
    Anonymous

• You can search online for printable activities - free. Walmart also carries workbooks.
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 3:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Holcombs teaching supply store has a nice variety...you can order online as well.
    You can google up some places.
    Amazon.com has a nice variety.
    Stores like Walmart,Kmart,Target sell a few.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• http://www.schoolzone.com/best-kids/preschool/workbooks?gclid=CJbasoGimqgCFUPf4AodVnaWDA

Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If you have a Dollar Tree around they have great ones there also
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 3:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• walmart
    lakeshore learning
    amazon
    Anonymous

• The Dollar Tree (if you have those) usually has a bunch. Otherwise try http://www.schoolspecialtypublishing.com/

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Schuler books. It's a bookstore.. not sure if it's a national one.. so I imagine there could be some in any bookstore. Good luck! :f
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• barnes and nobles, dollar stores, walmart, target, and there are some sites with printables
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am a bit of an educational toy/book/dvd junkie because I am more than willing to teach my kid what he wants but I sort of need these things as crutches to guide me through the teaching process. I have tested a great deal of them now I have found some great (and cheap) ones on amazon.com. I have also found a few good ones at the local grocery store. I have definitely found that in most cases price doesn't indicate quality The one exception--Brainquest. They are really pricey in comparison to other stuff but I reallly have great things to say about the brain quest series of books and activities. I don't know if you are a tv or not tv person but I use shows like Curious George, WordWorld and Superwhy to springboard some learning stuff outside of what is in a workbook and the shows have on line activities and worksheets free to get them started. My son loves doing workbooks but I find he learns more from hands on stuff.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011