Christmas gift ideas?

I, like many am pinching pennies this year. We have pretty much decided that we will pretty much buy just for the kids, but I still want to give to some of the adults. I am leaning towards baking something or making something different and giving it instead. Anyone have any ideas? I am planning on making a few different kinds of cookies, but I was looking for some other ideas? Any suggestions? Something completely different even?

2boysnaprincess

Asked by 2boysnaprincess at 4:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Holidays

• I'm making little cookie/candle gift baskets...I'm gunna buy baskets from the dollar store and put a giant sugar cookie smelling candle in the center (sell them at walmart for 5$ and they actually smell like sugar cookies when lit) and then I'm gunna make a bunch of sugar cookies to surround it.
    cuddlek

Answer by cuddlek at 6:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• A free night of babysitting for those adults with kids. I know i would LOVE that!!!!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Another idea I use is if you can get some tiles, put two bags of blue corn chips, and some salsa and dip and wrap it in cello and then add a bow. Then you have a southwestern themed basket. You can also get tins and fill them with fudge. You can get recipes off the recipe sites that are pretty easy. You can also do homeade candy. I have a chocolate melter and we get mold pretty cheap and make rose chocolates and wrap them in cello with bows. You dont need a melter either you can use a double boiler pan or a large pan with water in it and a non stick smaller pan to fit on top and melt the stuff that way. You get a huge bag of melts for about $5. If you get white melts you can add food coloring & get creative.

Answer by gemgem at 4:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• "Never Fail Fudge" on the back of the Fluff jar is the best fudge on the planet. I make several batches every year and give it away in pretty tins.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• make coupons for the adults, such as free babysitting for a night, good for one sink of dishes,one load of laundry, etc.
    xxmissrainbow

Answer by xxmissrainbow at 1:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• And then tie the coupons to your baked goodies!!

PcolaC

Answer by PcolaC at 2:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2008