To those that do th zoo memberships (year memberships)

I have never done them before, but was thinking about it this year because we go to like 3 diffrent zoos and then boo at the zoo and stuff. Well first off if you get it at one zoo can you use that pass for any other zoos? Also how many people can be on your membership? And can you use that membership to go to boo at the zoo? What about to the christmas events for the zoo and the easter events at the zoo with that membership? Sorry so many questions I just never did it before. Wanted to know these also is it worth it? I looked up the actual zoo, but is says nothing about what I want to know.

sorry didn't know were to put this either

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I live in Atlanta. We haev a zoo membership. It was 99 and covers 2 adults and four children. We get 50% off of participating zoos. Our member ship does include Boo At The Zoo as well as a few other events. Most events are just a discount. WE also get discounts on food.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am a member of the Oregon Zoo, we are classified as "Patrons".. The membership cost me $135 a year. My benefits include:

Unlimited regular Zoo admission for the year Free Parking (which I don't use. The train goes directly to the zoo and it's just a few stops from our place)
    Free admission to 100 plus other zoos in the nation
    Discounts on Zoo train rides, purchases at the shops at the zoo (including food)
    20% discount on the price for special events (Zoo Boo, Christmas lights, concerts..etc)
    Special invitations to special/private events at the zoo (fund raisers, special concerts/dinners for members..etc)
    Membership covers my entire family of 3 and will also include up to 2 grandkids under 18 (when I have them..lol)
    And I can take up to 2 non members in with me each visit for free.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i was a member of zoo miami. It was 99 for me, my daughter and one unnamed guest. It covered the easter and halloween events. We got a discounted admission to some of the other zoos.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have a membership at the colombus zoo we do the $119 membership. We do this one because it includes both my husband and I and all 3 kids plus 2 guest. You can name guests so they get a card or leave it blank and switch who you take. we did one named and one un named that way auntie can take the kids without me. it includes boo at the zoo, lights, discounts at other zoos.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• That totally depends on your zoo and it's policies. W've had memberships at the Pittsburgh Zoo, Brookfield Zoo (in Chicago) and the Oregon Zoo. The Pittsburgh one got us into a bunch of different zoos and we frequently went to the Cleveland Zoo with our membership. The Brookfield one is for just Brookfield. The Oregon one also gets us into a bunch of zoos. We just got our membership last week and it was $80 for us and our 5 kids, no extra people. For $110 we could have brought guests but we never bring guests. We had the more expensive package at Brookfield because it gets you into the play zoo (children's zoo) and petting zoo for free but never used the other benefits. Every zoo is different. Your best bet is to look at their website to see what they offer. A family membership is usually for 2 adults and their children under 18 living in the house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It's going to vary with the zoo, they each make up their own policies.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• well you would neeed to just check with your local zoo they are all different
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011