do you ever regret getting married

marriage too young

brendarickard

Asked by brendarickard at 11:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Nope, not at all =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Sometimes I wonder how different my life would've been had I made different choices. One of those choices is if I went to college instead of joining the Navy. I would never have met my husband, wouldn't have gotten married, and wouldn't have had my kids. Would I have been happier if I was doing the job I wanted and traveling the world visiting other cultures? I don't know.

But I have no regrets. I love my husband and love my kids. And who knows...maybe someday I can still travel the world. I've already been to many countries. And there's still time left to go to more.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• yes. I do. While I was single I thougth being married is the way to go, and now that I am married (again), I wished that I was still single. when we are together and things are good, I am glad I am married, but when things are tough, I really want to run and be on my own..very badly. Go slow if you are deciding..either way I know is tough, but usually once you decided to end your marriage you cannot put it back together.
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 11:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Yes I do. After having my daughter is when it really started. He has become a very jealous person.
    TerriL2007

Answer by TerriL2007 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You have your ups & downs in any type of relationship. I never regretted getting married. I have been down that road twice. My first passed away (no apologies please) & my 2nd I think we rushed into it. We are much better off being friends. I have been with my BF now for almost 2 years. He & I both have our reservations about marriage, however we are in a committed relationship. We have all of the above but without that piece of paper. I'm very happy where I'm at now. The only thing I have caught myself saying (to me) I wish I had met him sooner. But you know God works in mysterious ways.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 1:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I've learned to never regret an experience I can learn from. I just appreciate it for what it was and move on. If it's not right for you and you've tried your best to make it work then it may be time to let go and find the right mate or be free from marriage. I found marriage doesn't work for me. It's too much like domestic servitude. Partners sometimes get complacent and unattentive. I like being single. I am in a relationship and this way it works great. We seem to respect one another and not take each other for granted. Others may want to remarry. What ever floats your boat but you may have to change captains along the voyage!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I can't say that I regret getting married I was engnaged 6 yrs to my hubby I take marriage very seriously it's not something I was going to do just because I got pregnant so three kids and 6 yrs later I got married and I would do it over, No Regrets!!!
    WvMommyof3

Answer by WvMommyof3 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• No even though my husband and I have had alot of problems. I would have never met my children if it weren't for him. I don't regret anything.
    Yolanda4

Answer by Yolanda4 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Yes,I do regret gettin married.I'm in a process of gettin a divorce now.My husband use 2 beat me all the time,lie 2 me,and also cheat on me.He always wanted 2 be in control of everything & wanted to control me 2.He use to pick a fuss so that he can leave 4 days at a time 2 be with other women.I mean a lot of different women.He use to take all of my money so that I wouldn't be able to go anywhere or pay the bills.He use 2 treat my first 2 kids good which is not his until I had a child 4 him.Then he started treatin them bad and treat his child good.I got tired and I left him alone 4 good.He put me in the hospitol a few times too.I almost lost my baby 4 times.
    Mrs.Lakeisha

Answer by Mrs.Lakeisha at 2:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Interesting question with our 27th anniversary tomorrow. Regrets, no I am married to a terrific man that loves me no matter what, he has the patience of Job...and being married to me isn't that easy, he helps with the kids and is above all the other half of myself. I can't imagine life without him
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2008