I am 37 weeks pregnant and 2 days. What do you think about this?

I am having bleeding because when my dr. checked me I started to bleed and am a cm dilated but I feel a lot different today and I believe I am 2 cm now. I am 50 percent effaced so half way there and still having light bleeding since Monday it's now wed and still having a brownish light blood. I lost my mucus plug today all over! And have some cramping on and off and clear liquid coming out.

I talked to my dr. she said not to come in until I have blood clots, more increased bright red blood, or dark blood and lots of it, or if I have cramps and contractions are closer together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• She sounds like a sane doctor. And not one that would schedule and induction or c-section just because. Baby is still early. So, I agree with the doctor fully on this one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• How much clear liquid is coming out? If it's a lot and it's constant (think every time you move) then it could be your water is broken (that happened to me, but it was obvious, tons and tons of clear liquid was coming out (soaking a hospital pad every 30mins or so...)
    EBee12

Answer by EBee12 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I also agree with the doctor.. it is normal to have a little light bleeding, especially after getting checked. She knows what she is talking about. I had light bleeding fro a day or 2 almost every time I got checked. If the clear liquid gets heavier or constant, i'd call again because that could be your water breaking. Good luck
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• A sane doctor what do you mean?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Loads of doctors would have had you come in and would have decided that you were "full term" enough to induce and get the baby out already. Just because you were semi ready. And baby , since it it isn't out is isn't ready, might have had NICU time, but they wouldn't have cared. They would want you in and out. And who knows, if your body wasn't completely ready for labor, the induction could have cause your LOLs heartrate to drop like always happens and you would have had an "emergency c-section" instead of them turning down the meds to let baby rest. A whole lot of crap can happen just from one intervention...pitocin, external fetal monitor, making you labor and birth on your back instead of completely upright, not letting you walk around....I like to see docs not so intervention jumpy and more hands off and let your body do it's job instead of doing everything for it and ruining the process.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I feel the same way! I agree completely I am glad my body is doing it on it's own. There is no rush I may be uncomfortable for a few more weeks but at least the baby will be healthy :) And my body wont be in stress of any sort. Thank you :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2011