Will you go on vacation or staycation this year?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Travel

• If I win the powerball lotto... vacation... definitely vacation. If I remain... poor and impoverished living in this old shoe.... then...staycation... definitely staycation!! :)
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 5:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Stay home. Especially with gas prices this year~
    jen282

Answer by jen282 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Neither I guess. We have decided not to spend any money this summer. We will have the pool up for the kids as always, go to the parks and we may even boycott movies this summer unless they are free. Not because we wont have money to go, but because gas prices and food prices will be so high I dont see the point in giving anything back to the economy until something is done about it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am going on three this summer. One to visit my son in Wisconsin, one with my husband to Alaska and one with my Mom and Aunt to visit their hometown.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 5:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• A mini vacation, the kids and I spend one week every summer at my mom's house (100 miles away) now the gas prices might change all the driving around/traveling we do while we are there. But we haven't planned a real vacation ever.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Looks like no vacations for a long time..
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I won't be going anywhere due to gas prices & being laid off. I have 2 use my $ for food, etc.
    Alexias30

Comment by Alexias30 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We were going to try to do a get on the plane vacation plus our usual Cali road trip. After paying for DS1's bar mitzvah and the related costs, we're doing only the road trip. We are making it longer, though.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We used to go camping every year, and we traveled to London and France together. Haven't been on vacation for a few years now, and I doubt that's going to change any time soon. Went away for a night last fall for a friends wedding, that's the closest we've done. Hoping to do a short vacation like trip, but with a baby coming in the next couple months that'll have to wait I'm sure. We used to go camping for our dating anniversary, which will be 10 years in two years so hopefully then.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 10:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I will be on a staycation this year my Daughter and her husband and family will be coming here.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2011