What should I do if I am worried about going to Heaven or not? adult content

How will I know when Jesus comes back to Earth?? I am in my thirties and I am very sad about the possibility of not being saved. I am reading some scary stuff in these religious blogs on the internet... seems like there are a TON of information that I did not know out there.... and I thought I knew what being a Christian meant.....? I'm confused and concerned that I will have to do something I don't want to do.. or be somebody that I can't be in order to go to Heaven?? Also, what about my sweet kids? I've been divorced before.. and I remarried... does that make my children sinful?? I laugh at dirty jokes and sometimes I cuss.... what does that mean...? If I commit one sin... it seems I am guilty of ALL sins?? What should I do? I believe in God.... but what if this God I have been believing in... is one that is out to kill me because He is mad at me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• First of all, take a deep breath =)

I'm just one person, but to answer your questions as best as I can:
    Everyone is a sinner- one little lie is all it takes to separate you from God, but salvation is outlined in the Bible. In my opinion, it is much more about a *relationship* than it is about *religion*. People tend to screw things up when they involve their own philosophies.
    This verse is always a help to me when I doubt my own salvation.
    Romans 10:9,10 "...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."
    The hardest part isto accept that it's a free gift, we tend to want to do things ourselves, and then we stress over how unworthy we are.
    Breathe chicka =) Message me if ya want.
    MsKylaSkyy

Answer by MsKylaSkyy at 4:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• There are a million different beiliefs about God/ absence of God, and we, even though we pretend to, do not know what the actual truth is. It is just belief. What do you believe YOUR God to be? Would YOUR God really see you or your little angels in a negative light?

Trust your heart . . . and don't listen to anything that sounds scary or harmfull.

The God I believe in doesn't look down on things like love relationships, or lack of, for that matter.

Trust your heart.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sweetie, live your life in peace and stop wasting precious time on what will happen, there is no God out to kill anyone, the only God I know is merciful, and kind.

Answer by older at 4:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Again I urge you, if you have questions and want to speak one-on-one, please PM me or one of these other wonderful Christian ladies. If you would like to be a part of a Christian group where you can ask questions and take part in some really in-depth discussions of scripture, please let me know. I admin such a group and we would be happy to have you join us. More than anything, dear, I want to see this fear gone from you so that you can experience the total joy that is God working in your life. I am greatly disheartened by the things you have been told by people claiming to be "of God."
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 5:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Nothing you have stated means you are going to hell- I do believe you need to get off the computer and get outside and enjoy your life- you may also want to check in with your doctor because its seems like you are full of anxiety and it is effecting you in a negative way-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'd say go talk to a preacher about how you're feeling.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The more stuff you read on the Internet about this, the more confused you will become. I suggest reading Romans 10:8,9 and IJohn 5:13 for starters. Good luck and God bless. Message me anytime. :)
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• They all were forgiven. He wants us to come to Him, to put our sins in his lap. It helps us to grow closer to Him, and gives us more understanding of others. He's all about Love, love for us and our love for Him.
    daps

Answer by daps at 7:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• To be a Christian you just need to believe in the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ. Believe and say a prayer, claiming your belief in Him and ask to be saved. Go to church and speak with the pastor about your concerns. Some denominations will differ on how they think a person becomes saved...but I do not believe it is by "works".
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We all sin.. probably on a daily basis. Put your faith in God. I received a sign today that I am going in the way that God wants me to. Yesterday I felt so sad. Today is so different. I could tell you why. and what happened but it is sort of a long story.. don't let Satan make you doubt God's love for you. God is pursuing you. You are worthy of God's love. Read your bible and pray. Let God show you.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011