My wrist, it hurts!

OK so I know you can't really give an answer but maybe someone else has experienced the same. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and until recently was working in data entry (repetitive motion). Now that I'm not working it seems like my right wrist has a "catch" in it. It often cracks and it hurts just below and above the small bones in the wrist. Can pregnancy swelling be making it hurt or can arthritis show up when not in use a lot? I'd usually be typing rapidly for 8+ hrs a day. Now that I no longer work I'm wondering if there is swelling or what?? It didn't hurt before this. I originally thought I'd just slept wrong because I always have to have my arm above my head when I sleep on my side. But I've made sure my wrist is supported/not above my head when I sleep and its no better. Anyone experience the same or have thoughts/opinions on what could be causing the pain?

Here's a pic with a circle of where I'm talking about. Carpal tunnel should be below the wrist and on the underside. This is on top of my hand.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 4:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• Oh okay. Well sorry I couldn't help and good luck! That must be the most annoying pain ever since its something you can't really avoid moving :(
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Carpul Tunnel maybe? My Mom had that when she was pregnant with me but I don't know the symptoms, just sounds like a possibility. Look that up and see what you can find, and if the symptoms match yours. GL!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I added a picture. I don't think its carpal tunnel. That should make my hand go numb and hurt on the underside. This is just pain with a cracking sometimes.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011