What to take for this cough??

for almost 2 weeks i have had a very minor sinus issue witha cough that usually comes on ebcause of throat irritation. noe the cough has turned into amonster and i can barely sleep or talk or anything. it still seems to be caused by throat irritation. . no chest congestion and i dont really feel like i-m coughing up anything. i can take in nice deep breaths also. the coug h is making my whole body hurt so bad i just wanna dope up on pain meds and sleep but i cant because i am breastfeeding my 4 month old! please someone recommend what i can do. i have already been trying warm honey lemon drinks and cough drops and a neti pot but i swear it is making it worse. noone in my house can sleep. . ..

VelvetCat

Asked by VelvetCat at 4:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• the best medicine I can recommed is muclex. It is the only one I use for my family.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I had pneumonia once and I used Delsyum cough syrup when the cough medicine with codeine the hospital gave me didn't work. Delsym works wonders and does not taste horrible!!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would try chopped fresh ginger slowly boiled in water for about 20 min. then squeeze in some lemon and about 2 tablespoons of honey. It's kind of spicy but it will REALLY help. Don't bother peeling the ginger just wash it well. I hope that helps.
    starlit_kissez

Answer by starlit_kissez at 8:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011