What can give my itchy skin relief?

I am 7 months pregnant and for the last 2 months my skin has been out of control itching! its mostly on my trunk, arm and legs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• Aveeno, Aquaphor, or Cocoa butter!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 4:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Wash with Cetaphil, only the places that need it, and lotion up right after with Lubriderm.

Steer clear of herbal lotions and soaps . .. even the one that say "hypoallergenic" are pretty harsh and drying on the skin . . .including the baby stuff.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Stay away from Aquaphor and other petrochemicals. I personally would stay away from most soaps and Cetaphil. Try the Kiss My Face olive oil soap (it's only 3 ingredients) and use either 100% pure jojoba oil or organic, extra virgin, hexane-free coconut oil as a moisturizer.
    Anonymous

• Drink plenty of water too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• First, did you see a doctor to rule out a rash? What I recommend is "Ca-Rezz Antimicrobial Skin Care cream". (Or if you can't find this brand, maybe any other anti-microbial cream.) This is what I used on a mysterious patch of itchy skin that would not go away for months. I used this cream, and it has not come back since. Good luck.
    ilovepoms

Answer by ilovepoms at 8:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Try that pink lotion it starts with a C...caladryl or something
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Get your doctor to write you a script for Mimyx Cream. It's a deep dermal hypoallergenic anti-irritant. It also comes as a generic.
    I have a tube right here on my nightstand and we have them all over our house. It is amazing.
    Also, use cetaphil to wash with. My dh is in the derma industry and swears by it.
    But get the one that is the Gentle Skin Cleanser for All Skin Types. Do not shower in too hot of a shower, it strips the oils from your skin, keep it tepid and quick as you can. Pat, don't rub your skin to dry off.
    Also like someone already said. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Slice up a lemon and drop a couple of pieces in it as well to help.

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 5:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2011