Big girl is desperate!

How do you get healthier?! I have tried EVERYTHING from working out, yoga, eating better, weight watchers.... I don't know what to do anymore, I don't have a lot of money for "Healthy food" and I wouldn't even know where to start with it if I did.
I used to be a size 9 and stayed that way because of yoga and the funds to get all healthy food, then my family told me I was too skinny and looked unhealthy so I stopped exercising and started eating with them. I want to be back to that so bad but I just don't know how anymore because everytime I try I fail!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Try the Nutrisystem meals or something like that
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Try portion control. You can eat what you want but with smaller portions and it doesnt cost extra
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• What size are you now? I would try a gastric procedure they seem to be the in thing.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am 5'6" and 190lbs. I wear a size 16/18 jeans. I haven't gained anything and I can't lose anything. I'm kinda stuck
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Nutrisystem is too expensive and my mom had gastric bypass and ended up in a coma for 3 months so I am kind of against that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am on a diet too. I lost 15 pounds last year. but regained it. Now, I have cut sugar out of my diet. I eat less bread.. and if I do only about 2 pieces of wheat. Very little bit of oils. (butter and canola) I make veggie dip w/ low or no fat sour. I eat a bit of chocolate once in awhile. I drink more water. I recommend Crystal Light. Buy apples, oranges and bananas. I make a salad every day. I had cream of wheat for breakfast. I need the iron. :) I try to get more exercise in. Now it is spring I plan to walk more. Don't starve yourself. I also chew more gum.. my hunger pangs are usually not true hunger.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Start the yoga and exercises up again. And healthy foods do not have to be expensive. Eat veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean meats. The bad stuff is the processed foods, the chips, sweets, & high fat foods.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't think your *that big*, but we are our own worse critics.
    What happened with your mom that she was in a coma after gastric bypass?
    I had it a year ago last month and have had no problems.
    I've lost 95lbs, but had many health problems that were the deciding factor in getting it done
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 5:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am just using portion control and adding more fruit, veggies and yogurt into my diet. I completely understand about not being able to afford all the healthy food you should. I just have cut back on what I have been eating, it is working, slower than I would like but it is working. I do have a gym membership and I go at least 3 days a week. Now that it is finally warming up I plan to walk outside the other 4 days. We will see how it works out, I always have great intentions, but little motivation... Good luck
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Have you tried taking zumba classes? I have seen a lot of people at my dance studio who have lost a lot of weight with Zumba. Or try any other faster-paced fitness/dance class that interests you. Or, if you don't want to spend money on a class, you could work out to some fast-paced music that really gets you excited. For me, I like to turn on disco in the mornings and dance in my living room. Because I love the music, it inspires me and makes me want to do it every day. Oh, one more thing....in the mornings - more fruit and a small bowl of cereal. For lunch - maybe a sliced turkey sandwich with veggies on rye or whole wheat. Dinner - eat before 7pm if you can. Fill your plate with mostly veggies (two colors), and small portion of pasta or rice, and maybe half a chicken breast or piece of baked salmon. That is the diet I have, and i always maintain 110 weight. Good luck, and you can get there!
    ilovepoms

Answer by ilovepoms at 7:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2011