Has anyone found an honest stay at home part time work from home job on the internet or phone EVER?

To be more specific... something that does not involve me buying into some company to sell their products.. (i.e., candles, make-up, toys, etc..)! PM me if you have!!

FingerPainter

Asked by FingerPainter at 5:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Go to google and type in "telecommuting". Legit jobs under telecommuting. No buy ins and people who really pay. Make sure to search the company online for any negative feedback.
    Anonymous

• I used to be an at-home medical transcriptionist. You have to get certified, but it's worth it.
    MsKylaSkyy

Answer by MsKylaSkyy at 5:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes. What are you looking to do? In my area, there are a few call centers that hire at home workers, but keep in mind, they are very strict on their policies. It's worse than being inside. You cannot have any outside noise at all and they are always monitoring you. So, you will still need daycare. You can call around to your local call centers. If you have a Convergys near you, they are always hiring. Around here, the local BCBS Claims Center closed down sending everyone home to work. So, yes, they are out there. Also, there are tons of telemarketer jobs. I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities. If you'd like, you are more than welcome to read through my blog when you have time at Mavi's Home Work.   Remember, eBay, freelance writing, daycare, elder care sitting, errands, laundry, etc. all make great businesses as well.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I haven't found it yet
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i wish :/ if i found one i wouldn't be living with my dad right now
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 5:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My name is Beatrice and I live here in Manitoba, Canada with my husband and our 2 little girls and lets not forget our 5 4-footed furry friends that we've adopted and given a forever home.
    We are a basic customer service team. we utilize the internet and phone to build an income from home. We offer FREE training, tools, and support. We do not believe in spending money to make money and this is not a get rich quick scheme. We have chosen to partner with the wellness company and I LOVE MY JOB!  I have been with our team since 2009 now and am never going back to working outside the home. Our Work at Home United team has been voted teh #1 W@H business out there! you guys can check out my website as I am always looking for motivated moms to team up with! :) oh ... did i mention that we are registered with the BBB??? and many other awards too
    http://workathomeunited.com/friendlyhomes
    beatricesw@vitalityforlife.com
    BeatriceSW

Answer by BeatriceSW at 5:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I retired in August. About 2 months ago I started working with an on lin business. It is selling a national health product. If interested, let me know.
    LeeAnn789

Answer by LeeAnn789 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2011