Keyboard/laptop problem! Help!!

So the other day, my roommate bought a wireless keyboard and mouse so that we could connect our laptop to our TV, turning it into a really big computer monitor. It's pretty awesome, though not always ideal, when one of us wants to watch TV and one of us wants the big computer. I'd disconnected the computer a few times and used it just as a laptop, with no issues. But then the other day it began typing like this: "Th5s 5s a b5g *r6b3e0!!!" - I just typed "this is a big problem" on the laptop keyboard! The keys that are typing numbers instead of letters, those are the optional characters when I hold down the "Fn" button (whatever that is) - only now it's just typing them. This started the other day when I unhooked the laptop so I could use Skype - I didn't hit anything when I did it, and we can't figure out how to change it!

Does anyone know (or have a hubby who might know) how to fix this?? I have to use the wireless keyboard even when I have the laptop open! It's not doing this on my roommate's user name at all on the laptop, just on mine.

If it helps, it's a Gateway laptop.

Help!

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Technology

• This happened to DH. There is a function key that turns part of you letter keyboard into a number keypad. Call Gateway, they can tell you which is the function key to press to correct this.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Ha, Gateway, there's your problem, period. Sorry, I have a big bone against them - and they just suck.

It could be a virus.
    Anonymous