With gas prices jumping - are you making any plans for purchases or vacations?

It is downright depressing ~ I've known people who have cancelled a vacation just because of the gas prices. Guess we will all be bored to tears on our STAYCATIONS!

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We will do a 'staycation' again this year. We will be taking the motorhome, the boat and the jet ski to the lake about 1 hour away and camp for a week. It will cost less than $300 and is loads of fun.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• guna sell my suv for a smaller car!!!
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm moving this summer. We might take a weekend or two somewhere before we move.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We are still vacationing as planned...and driving to/from Maine for 14 days this summer. Part of that time we'll be staying in an ocean front home, and the rest at my BIL/SIL lake home. We take exactly ONE family vacation per year, we NEVER go out or have "date nights" let alone hire babysitters and such, so this is the time of year that we "splurge" and truly enjoy and spoil ourselves.

All that gas prices and other surcharges will do, is make us spend LESS locally, shop more online (to avoid driving) and find other ways to save money and make up the difference. Even though Obama and his people WANT gas prices to keep climbing, the fool doesn't realize it will further STAGNATE the economy as people cut back on their discretionary spending...as tourism dollars will reach new lows...way to go Barry!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No. I am not going to contribute to the problem
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We're going away for the weekend actually to Sea World and Legoland. We're offsetting the gas cost by staying with my FIL instead of a hotel.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I feel you pain, my grandfather lives 7 hours from me and I had hoped to drive down to see him. He has cancer and is 72, you never know if or when they take that turn for the worst. Plus my mother lives an hour away..that alone is a half a tank for a round trip.
    Vena_Marie

Answer by Vena_Marie at 5:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• we haven't thought about gas-prices directing our vacation..we are simply waiting on a qualified date to come through. (but, yes, we will be driving, wherever.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We are not taking a vacation if the prices are too high. We will stick close to home.
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 5:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We have two trips coming up. I booked our airfare for both trips last year so glad since airfare is going up. We have no debt and live well below our means so it hasn't hit us very hard and we haven't had to change anything.
    Anonymous