MLA format. How to cite works?

Should I cite the exact article in my essay? Or just put a reference to it in () or what? In my first essay I cited the article and author but that seems a lot. Examples would be great. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in

• Not the works cited page but in the actual essay
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• For in text citations? Well, here is a link to Purdue OWL. This is an online writing lab that should help. http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/02/

Just google Purdue OWL, and you will get it if this link does not work for you :)
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 5:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I second Purdue OWL, it's a great tool, and I'm using it for APA format right now LOL. For your Works Cited page I sometimes use easybib.com, or sonofcitation.

Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 5:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would have to see it to be able to tell you. I just did that last quarter. Easybib.com is awesome for a works cited page, but are talking about citing your work throughout the article or just at the end ? Whenever you use direct quotes, you need to cite it throughout your text as well. I do know that for sure. The information I believe can just be referenced to on the works cited page if you aren't using more than one source.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I third the purdueowl site. It is amazing!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

Next question in
How much education have you completed?

Next question overall (Beauty & Style)
Hot or Not? 2