woudl you say something to the office of oyur apts if...

if right outside your apt there are mosquitos and little baby flies EVERYWHERE? i just opened the balcony door for like 10 seconds i was going to leave it open and let some light in and some fresh air.. but there were SOOO MANY bugs out there!

our house is clean and now i have hundreds of these little bugs flying throughout our apt... its disgusting! what should i do?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes. I had my complex come spray when I moved in. It fixed the problem too.
    Anonymous

• Id buy bug spray and spray it myself and tell them they need someone to come fix it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i dont think that wwe should have to buy the bug spray though. it was like this when we moved in a few weeks ago...

and there are a lot ofkids that play around here and the lady above me runs a daycare so i dont want to be responsible for anything that may happen with the spray and stuff
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Yikes I would call for sure! They are not your bugs or your fault. That is gross. If you get no results I would call your health dept.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Sick what if there is a dead body around the area or something.
    Anonymous

• its not a dead body its because they over water the grass and mosquitos and flies like that nastiness....
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Nearly all apartment complexes utilize a pest control company if they don't do their own spraying in-house, so you don't need to buy your own spray and probably should not to avoid potential bad interaction of the chemicals. That said, don't feel bad about contacting the office to let them know about the problem; it's no reflection on your housekeeping skills and they will probably be grateful to know if there is a possible problem with their irrigation or sprinklers causing standing water that is breeding bugs. In Arizona, it's actually illegal to have standing water due to the problems we had here a couple years ago with that one deadly mosquito. Because of that, like "salexander" said, if you don't get good results from the apartment staff, definitely contact your health department because you probably aren't the only one with the problem who lives there.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008