Posting resumes online

Have you all had any luck with interviews?
What sites did you use?

My hubby wants a SAHM thing, and I've tried it, but it's not working for me.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• The last three jobs I've had I applied online. My mom always tells me to actually go out and apply, but I think this is proof enough that my way works just fine!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I posted my resume on craigslist and sent my resume to a lot of people who were posting job openings. Some of them are scammers but most of them are legit. I got so many calls and interviews it was ridiculous. I was unemployed for two years and I only have a high school education so my resume wasn't anything special. I ended up having my choice between 3 jobs. Now I have an amazing job that I look forward to going to everyday. Good luck.
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Have you checked with your state's department in charge of jobs? Here in Texas, you can fill out applications/upload resumes on a free website maintained by the texas workforce commission that will automatically connect you with jobs based on your education/experience. Its kinda like a local Monster.com.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• DH is now on week 2 at a new company after posting on Monster & Career Builder.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Have you considered a home-based business? I would be happy to share the facts with you about starting your own business with Mary Kay Cosmetics.
    We make 50% on everything we sell!!! There are NO Territories and NO sales quotas!!!
    Contact me at kbressan@marykay.com or my website is: www.marykay.com/kbressan
    I will look forward to hearing from you!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2011