Lied to again.

WASHINGTON — A new budget estimate released Wednesday shows that the spending bill negotiated between President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner would produce less than 1 percent of the $38 billion in claimed savings by the end of this budget year

The Congressional Budget Office estimate shows that compared with current spending rates the spending bill due for a House vote Thursday would pare just $352 million from the deficit through Sept. 30. About $8 billion in cuts to domestic programs and foreign aid are offset by nearly equal increases in defense spending.

Is it time for a balanced budget amendment, term limits and give the power that is rightfully the states, back to the states? Americans need to rise up and say enough is enough.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/cbo-budget-deal-cuts-this-fiscal-years-deficit-by-just-353-million-not-38-billion-touted/2011/04/13/AFFJnkWD_story.html

Won't let me link

Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Is it time for a balanced budget amendment, term limits and give the power that is rightfully the states, back to the states? Americans need to rise up and say enough is enough.

Yes, yes, and yes. Absolutely.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The deal that was made for the 2010 budget to me is inconsequential. It should have been passed before Oct. 2010 anyway. We shouldn't even be having this discussion if the big 3 had done their job. I'm more interested in the 2011 budget. This is the budget the people who were elected in Nov. 2010 are to be working on and making a significant impact on. This last deal, hmph, by the time they passed it, it is almost at fruition. Now, they need to get to work and make some real cuts in spending and real reform to the tax laws.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Its time you all registered to vote and vote EVERY ONE of these ASSHOLE lawmakers OUT OF OFFICE. This was in the news LAST WEEK why did it take you this long to notice it? Now Obmam wants to cut a trillion in spending and increase our taxes!!! As much as I like Obama cutting a trillion out of spending and increasing all our taxes to get the trillion back is NOT cutting anything!!! They ALL need to LEARN TO LIVE WITHIN THEIR MEANS!!! Pull ALL the troops home and use the 350 BILLION a month the Military spends to pay for their damn cuts!!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Time for an updated chart depicting the budget cuts!! *sigh*http://www.norcalblogs.com/post_scripts/110208-o-budget-010.jpg

"Can't see the budget cuts? Okay, we've magnified the above chart by 10 and if you look close you can see it. As one economist has worked out, if you had a budget of $2000 a month and you cut the same percentage as the federal budget you would be cutting .06 cents. That's right, out of $2000 you would have to make do by slashing your budge to a mere $1999.94. There goes the luxuries, the discretionary spending and those little perks that your .06 cents once bought you. Now you see how much sacrifice the federal government is going through to reduce the trillions in debt."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Its time you all registered to vote and vote EVERY ONE of these A****** lawmakers OUT OF OFFICE.

***
    Why do you assume we're not registered voters?! Didn't you vote for Obama and mostly Democrats?! If so, then you've been part of the problem!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Like everything else this administration has done, slap a bandaid on it and reconvene in 6 months! I agree with jesse, it's time to move on with the 2011 budget! I can't wait for our next Presidential election!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Lori, my monitor must be messed up because I cannot see the proposed budget cuts!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

Balanced budget amendment...no.

Term limits...no.

Power to the states...i'd rather have the power be even more local than that, like my city or even my county. I understand that there are a wide range of issues surrounding concentrated local control, but i'd rather deal with those than with those that surround federal control.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2011