MOM'S OF ADULT AND LATE TEENS KIDS, WHAT IS YOUR HEART'S DESIRE YOUR KID WILL ACCOMPLISH PRIOR TO BEING ON THEIR OWN, OR HAVE ACCOMPLISHED?

combingI Would love for my (20 year old) Adult Son to have added gusto and to get serious about going after a career or study in either college or trade school.   He's been a very late bloomer, and if he could he would preferr to remain a young boy with no responsibilities, even though he's very bright to smart and extremely versitile and knows it but isn't willing as yet to apply himself whole heartingly.   He's currently working at a corporate job which has offered him growth opportunies, but is choosing to procrastinate.  And yes pays rent at home, but rather be out with friends and goes through his cash quite quickly.      PLEASE BUMP....THANKS csjoy1

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• OMG! I think our sons were separated at birth! -LOL I have a 20 y/o son who sounds a lot like yours. I am at my wits end w/ the boy! I can only hope that he will see the light & start getting his life on track! If he doesnt start getting his act together soon, it may be lights out! -lol I honestly think parenting him when he was younger was easier than now!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• hugsOMG, this is too cool mrsmom110!   Could it be possible?   Well I am deciding that if he doesn't get on the program soon, he's going to go to a part-time trade school or college (and not art projects), because mom's life is about to take off and it's my turn to go to school and be a lazy bum!   LOL!   Sign in my home page registry, please, cafemom mrsmom110. csjoy1

csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My dream for my four kids, all now adults, was to get their bachelor's degree and then get a good job. The oldest three have now done both things and the youngest one, my daughter, has graduated but does not have her dream job yet. She is thinking about going back to school to get a second degree in language, French, and teach or work in a museum. My other dream was for them to have families of their own and make me a granny. My oldest son has two darling children, and my youngest son is getting married in October. The other two are dating. So I think they are on their way.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• readingWow what a Blessing your children have turned out....lilangilyn - God Bless you all.    Now promise me you will write your book, have it published and send me a signed autograph, so I can make sure my son and his future wife will be well equiped with my hoping to have future  grandchildren!   Thanks so much!

csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am a divorced mom with 2 kids. All I could hope for them was to stay healthy. and be able to support themselves. My daughter is noe 31 and graduated from college and has a great job. she also recently was married. (no kids YET). My son is 29 and did not go to collrge but after a year of bumming, he joined the Navy ande stayed in for 8 years. He now has a good job and is doing well.
    LeeAnn789

Answer by LeeAnn789 at 1:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I want them to attend university.  My oldest dd is 18 and will be going to university in September.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I want my kids to go to college and find a profession that they enjoy. I'd also like for them to find true love and to always live close to me.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• grandmaIt's nice to read so far that through the generations....MOM'S ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR OUR KIDS!  LOL!!csjoy1

csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 6:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2011