Miscarriage:(

One of my best friends thought she would NEVER get married let alone have children. She met the man who swept her off her feed last July and they married this past Feburary. She was 7 weeks pregnant this week and we were so excited for her. I even gave her my What to Expect When Your Expecting book and some other items that meant a lot to me that i never thought i would get rid of. She is that special to me and today she calls me on her way to the hospital to tell me she is bleeding and cramping badly. I think she had a M/C, but she has not said for sure yet. I am so sad for her and her husband and i want to let her know i am here for her. Do you have any ideas on what i could do for her to let her know that i really care about her and i am here for her is she needs me? I want to get her something special to help her get through this rough time....as i have been through this twice and know how difficult it can be. Thanks ladies.

team21

Asked by team21 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Someone brought me a teddy bear when I had mine.. that poor little bear was so helpful to me just because I always had "someone" to hug. When my daughter was born a few years later I put it in her nursery along with the other "not to be touched" stuffed animals, i feel better just knowing it was there and still is.. kinda like that little bear is the memory of my lost little one I never got to meet.
    Anonymous

• So so sorryy:( Sounds like you two have a sister like friendship, and the right words will come natural to you :) She just needs rest, and to know its not her fault at all.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 6:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think all you can really do is say your sorry and ask her if there is anything you can do. And be there to listen to her if she needs someone to talk to or cry to. Sorry for your friends loss
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• awww the best thing you can give her is your SUPPORT, LOVE, and always let her know that your there for her... and keeping being the WONDERFUL friend that you have been...I would also buy her a rose i cant remember the color BUT there is FRIENDSHIP rose...glass one...aww..i hope everything turns out okay..she is in my prayers...keep us posted....im here for you guys..
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I would make sure she know that you are there for her, and that you have been through this before. ( I'm sure she knows, but sometimes it helps hearing it) I'd also make up some of her favorite foods and freeze them. Make their next few dinners as easy as possible on them. Things a going to be hard, and that is one less thing they will have to worry about. Also, look at labelledame.com they have amazing jewelry just for angel babys.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• well i had a miscarriage with my 1st pregnancy my mom told me that god took it away to make it more perfect and the the year that my 1st my 1st one was suppose to be born i got pregnant before my birthday (20th) i cried my 1st one was suppose to be born march 5 and this one s born Oct 5. but to be hones if your friend is a sensitive person its going to be hard to forget every year that that baby was suppose to be born were gonna think about it. but just be there if she need a shoulder to cry own it takes time to heal but just remind her when ever your ready you can always have another one.
    momma2besohappy

Answer by momma2besohappy at 6:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• First of all you seem like a great person and a great friend. I'm so sorry how awful. I'm sure just having you there to hold her and tell her you love her will be what she needs.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 6:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• thank you for all your support and suggestions ladies!
    team21

Comment by team21 (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2011