Having a baby shower at your house?

is it tacky/not good to have a baby shower at the home of the mother its for? i am pretty much organizing my own shower bc this is my 2nd child & i dont really have anyone who has volunteered to do it, i cant afford to reserve a building, i did think of calling a church to ask if i could use their flc for free but i doubt it. and i could do the park but it will be in june in nc...no thanks lol, so would you have a shower at your own home and if so what if any decorating would you do? for food im thinking just pigs in a blanket(yea i know lol) baked chips w/ some dip or something, and making my own cupcakes w/ pink icing(having a girl) or i could make my own small cake i suppose but im not the best w/ the cake decorating lol. & for decorations i wasnt going to do anything really except at best some baby shower themed plates/cups/napkins/and table cloth...but i doubt even that =/ and then a balloon or two. i dont want to do it at the house bc its small and a mess but idk of another free spot?

NCmommie421

Asked by NCmommie421 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had mine at my house and it just made it easier to put everything away and show off the nursery. I wouldn't do any decorating, whoever threw me the party would come over and basically toss me out of my own house or park me infront of the TV while they set it all up lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• no one else is really throwing it except me =/ my husband will if i ask lol but as far as a woman to do it there isnt one. my mom is an AWFUL planner so she isnt even asking to do it and theres no one else. just me lol
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It's not tacky to have it in your home, it is tacky to throw yourself a SECOND shower.
    Anonymous

• this is the ONLY shower- no one else is doing one
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I am having my 3rd baby in a matter of weeks or so, and i have never had a shower, because no one has ever offered to have one for me, but this time I am having one. My mother in law is having it, i wish i could have it at my house, but for us it is not practical, there are going to be too many people and some are allergic to our animals. so in my opinion it is ok to have it at your house but most people (myself included) will say that a second shower is tacky or even greedy
    sianniona

Answer by sianniona at 6:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• if you mean a 2nd shower as in one for a 2nd child thats ridiculous. every one should have a shower for each pregnancy. i have a son and am having a girl i dont have girl stuff. as far as a 2nd shower for THIS baby this is the first and ONLY SHOWER like i just said
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I'm talking about throwing YOURSELF a shower be the baby boy or girl for the SECOND child is tacky. You could get away with it with your first one, but not the second one. Even if nobody is throwing a baby shower for you, it's tacky. The only thing different that you would NEED for a girl would be clothing and bedding maybe, but that's it.....
    Anonymous

• Not sure where all this it's tacky or greedy to have a 2nd shower comes from. At our church this past year, we had 1 shower for a lady having her 5th child and 1 shower for a lady having her 7th! Lol...put together the details but have your Mom take the 'credit' for throwing the shower. =)
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 7:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• that's what i figured we'd do, just have her name on their as the host/giver of the shower :) thats what im saying i know so many ppl who have showers for 2nd, 3rd, etc children its not like we hoard everything from our first lol
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I had my shower at my house and we didnt have any decorations except a balloon and flower arrangement my grandmother made. It was for my second child (boy already had a daughter).

I cant think of any other free places. Have fun
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 7:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011