Are these reason to get checked out for Depression?

Backround info- my boyfriend of 8 yrs and i had just broken up. I just found out oldest sons father did a horrible crime and will be in jail until my son is a full grown adult.
I am just sad. I feel like crying all the time. I've lost 8 lbs in 1.5 weeks. I havn't been able to eat anything latly without feeling sick. and i've been in and out of hospital doing tests to find out what wrong with me- doctors don't know. (i've had no period for the past 4 months and im only 22. and im not on any birth control- all pregancy tests come out negative) Basically all i want to do is lay in bed all day by my self and cry. i feel so incredibly empty... do I feel this way becuase of the situations im in? or could these situations actually be causing me to be in a depression?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Health

• hugsIt could be a combination of depression & your hormones being out of whack! Get the book, "It's my ovaries stupid!" Then pressure the docs to keep looking. But make sure you tell them about your personal life too. Since our mood effects every system in our bodies. GL!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If your body fat is low enough, your periods will stop. . .. you mentioned losing weight. You should definately go and talk to your doctor. Sometimes circumstances push us into a depression, but it isa depression, nometheless. Mant people have found therapy and/or medication extremely helpful.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I think everything that is happening is depressing and it's having an effect o. You. I think you need to talk to someone about how you are feeling. Depression has a way of making a person deplete. I think you should first talk to your doctor and also I think you should talk to a counselor. You need to work out all of the sad things that have went on in your life.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• hugsYes, you definitely have a lot on your plate and it could be depression. If the doctors have done a panel of tests on you and ruled out anemia, lack of iron, then do go see a counselor to help talk through this emotional roller coaster of things. Force yourself outta bed after a good nights sleep. If you continue to lie round, it'll get worse and take longer to heal. Force yourself into a good routine of eating right, smaller healthy meals and milk or juices, less caffeine, get a walk in daily to clear your mind and get some fresh air. Practice meditation or deep breathing techniques to help focus and rid yourself of negative energy. I wish you much LUCK! (((HUGS!)))

Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 3:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2011