Housekeep being vindictive

I have always been very polite and quiet (not snobby or rashful) toward housekeep. My boss just got an email saying that I was rude and disrespectful saying that because I work in the office that I could do whatever I wanted. I never said this. I don't remember saying anything rude or offensive, or anything beyond a "Hello". Then my display in the atrium found its way on the floor and the tables were in disarray.

What would cause this person(s) to be so unpredictable and vindictive?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 6:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• jealous and wanting your job or confusing who was on shift at the time
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I used to work as Night Audit at a hotel, and the housekeeping staff LOVED me, but there were a couple of the desk people they didn't like. I was always very nice and never acted like I was 'above' them because I didn't have to clean rooms. Maybe someone is confused as to which shift was whose, or someone got their panties in a bunch because they want a desk job too. I don't know. I hope they get it straightened out for you, though!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Maybe they read you wrong or mistook you for someone else. Still wrong what they did if they felt you slighted them they could have taken up their concerns with the appropriate people they should mess with your display or leave things a mess. I own and operate a cleaning company that cleans three plasma labs. Several of the female staffers are very rude to me and treat me like dirt. I don't complain I simply won't go above and beyond for them. Two of the women are very sweet and I will bring fresh flowers to brighten their offices and bathrooms. The other people I do exactly what is in the contract and nothing more. One woman who was very horrible to me wanted me to clean up an area not in my contract so she could leave work to celebrate her anniversary. I told her no way and she had to stay late to clean up her space. Pays to be nice to the help. Funny thing is I make three times what they make.lol
    Anonymous

• I wonder if the housekeeper hasn't mistaken you for someone else. Ask your boss to get them to describe the person who was so rude.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Can you have the security video pulled and see who messed up your display?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• This happened in the main atrium. There are three flloor decks in the area. I dont remember seeing cameras there. There are cameras in the offices and office hallways, but not in the public hallways.
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011