How to lose this flabby mom stomach?

I've been hitting the gym 5-6 times a week now for 4 months. Run 2-3 miles and weight training every other day. My weight is great for my height, 5'3 115lbs, but my problem is this flabby stomach will not leave and I'm starting to lose weight everywhere else except there. I do lots of sit-ups, crunches, all the ab exercises you can think of. I'm really happy with the weight I am now and most people say I could gain a few but I keep reading that you can not spot train that you need to lose body fat overall....is this true? any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• After we have children we tear our abdominal muscles and we keep excess skin, were like pulling a rubber band too far. The only thing that will ever give you a flat tight tummy again is a Tummy Tuck ( they sew your muscles back together too). Message me I own a medical tourism company.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Some people are blessed to have besutiful, hydrated stretchy skin on the tummy that bounces back to it's tight shape after babies. These are ususally women who are either taller, have a longer torso, or who have very small babies.

Most of us, though, are permanantly stretched in the tummy. It is annoying.

If my kids were older, and my pockets were deeper, I would definately be considering some "tucking".
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I really don't know. But an interesting note: Do you know who Brooke Burke is, the spokesmodel on Dancing With the Stars? Well, she has had 4 children and has a flat tummy, as well as an amazing figure all around. She has a site called Modern Mom, and I think on there she mentions and maybe even sells some kind of wrap for your tummy that helps with that issue. Check it out, I think the site is Modermom.com
    Good luck, and I believe it can come off, contrary to popular belief that it cannot.
    ilovepoms

Answer by ilovepoms at 7:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't know, but I would like to find out! I am doing an at home workout program from Beach Body and I am hoping it helps...I've been losing some weight and I notice it is getting smaller, but I am not sure if all of the flab will disappear.
    RockinMama0608

Answer by RockinMama0608 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I just looked at the site with the waist wrap to help lose belly fat: it is www.babooshbaby.com

ilovepoms

Answer by ilovepoms at 9:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Thanks! I checked that website out and it looks like something worth trying!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yep after baby # 4 now I got that baby roll going on.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• try the ab circle
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2011