"That" friend strikes again... adult content

I have this friend who likes to "one up" everyone and buy new things or have the same thing someone else does. This same friend will tell me that she just bought a new mattress when her old one is a year old but now she has no money and life is so hard.. blah, blah, blah.. you know the story.

I am so sick of trying to pretend to feel sorry for her because she dug herself in this hole that has her husband working 3 jobs while she sits at home and racks up the bills just because she is pregnant with her third child.

The time to feel sorry for her is over how do I break it to her that my give a damn busted long ago and that only she can get herself out of the mess she has gotten into?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• tell her dont you think you should be saving the money for the new baby cause money is hard right now and very thing you can save is good. why do you think it was ok to buy a new bed when the other one wasnt that old? If you really feel that she isnt doing good for your life or your family even tho she is your friend you should just cut her out. you dont have to see her as much or talk to her any more and if you thing its better you can tell her you know i just dont want this negative stuff around me your always .... so i think we should just have our own space. maybe she needs help with spending money or she does it because her husband works so much she things she can or its to cover for him not being home. but she does need to grow up if she has kids and think of them first when spending money.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Honestly, I'd just tell her "Maybe it was a bad choice to buy a new mattress when the other was only a year old?" Times are rough....
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i would just nod your head when she complains or give a "oh" or "ok" and then try to think of another subject to switch to. Don't give her much feed back. Maybe try to talk about yourself and how great things are, maybe seem like all you want to hear is something positive. Hopefully she wil eventually back off. you can't really "one up" someone when you talk about how great it is to have money and a great husband, kids and such, now can ya? lol

maybe just right out tell her that after she has the baby that she should consider finding a job....
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• If she is that much of a hard case, find another friend . Your truthfulness will not be appreciated
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Stop associating with her, or at least tell her it's too depressing to talk about money and change the subject every time she wants to go on a pity party lol
    Anonymous

• honestly. . . honesty will set you free
    Anonymous

• tell her nicely...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011