Taxes and credits.....

So its more of a curiosity thing but with the talk of taxing the wealthy more would you be for cutting Earned Income Credit? 

At all?

At least to the point where people can not get a bigger refund then the amount they even paid into taxes?

Charis76

Asked by Charis76 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I'm not willing to give up my EIC! Let the wealthy pay their share of taxes but leave the middle/lower class alone.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No, I am not willing to give it up either. The wealthy need to pay their share and let the lower/middle class folks be able to live.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i'm for disabling the EIC...why get a refund on something you didn't pay? makes no sense to me. "the wealthy need to pay their share''?? haha..oh boy. the RobinHood syndrome.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

>>>>>>
    Because when the people who receive EIC get their refunds, they spend them. When wealthy people get their tax cuts, they keep the money. The middle and working class stimulate the economy more than any other sector.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

How the hell do you think the wealthy can fund the greedy government and leave the middle class alone? Tax them 100% for a year and run the gov for a day. Use your head.

Yes the EIC should go. It is nothing more than a massive entitlement.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The middle and working class stimulate the economy more than any other sector.

Yes all the jobs I ever had were given to me by a poor person.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes the EIC should go. It is nothing more than a massive entitlement.
    >>>>
    EIC has done more to stimulate the economy than the tax cuts.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Because when the people who receive EIC get their refunds, they spend them. When wealthy people get their tax cuts, they keep the money. The middle and working class stimulate the economy more than any other sector.

___________________

Honest question so I am supposed to be ok with the money that I had to pay in taxes going for someone's big screen because of it being spent on that? Therefore stimulating the economy...(I am using it as an example that it would be used on a bigger purchase that they wouldn't normally be able to afford.)

Charis76

Comment by Charis76 (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• No one should be getting back more than they pay in- that kind of system is unsustainable. Sent my check off today-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes. Boot the EIC. I am all for getting back something if you have overpaid. I am NOT for giving something that you did not pay into.

I am in a position where had the cuts not been renewed, DH and I would have incurred a greater tax liability. We were ok with that.

You earn it, and overpay the govt, that IS your $$$ and you deserve it back. You didn't earn it - that is not your money. It's the govts money, and holy joseph, do they need it.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 7:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2011