which foods are safe to give a 9 month old?

i know theres a couple sites that say what not to give them, but I cant remember what they are

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• milk, eggs, chocolate, soy milk
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Also, someone recently told me not to k=give then Karo or honey...it contains small amounts of Ecoli
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• So basically I can give him anything (thats not a choking hazard) thats not milk, eggs, or chocolate? I thought there was a longer list
    Anonymous

• Honey is a no-no, I think until Baby is two!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If your just starting then start him slow on fruit and cereal. One new food every 3 days to avoid allergy's. You can also give him veggies. Give him the bottle first and then the food about an hour later and let him tell you when he's full. You can also give him protien such as pasta and meat. My daughter is nine months old also and eats everything. If you want to let him sample things on your plate, walmart sells net bags with a teething ring on the end that you can put whole foods in. just remember the tree day rule for EVERYTHING. That way you'll be able to tell if he's having a reaction.
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Also...not peanut butter!! The allergic reaction to peanut butter can be so intense that baby's die from it. Most women wait a few years to give any nuts.
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• if you want to give him something new and your not sure if he can have it...you can always google it and you should find some info! Sorry...I almost always remember something else after i'm already done typing!!
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• LOL Jessicer, wow! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• hehe...:)
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My son is 1 and I only give him fruits and greens. He loves his fruits and greens..and of course boob!!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:52 PM on Dec. 1, 2008