Does anyone have natural methods for dealing with post partum depression?

NTAMS

Asked by NTAMS at 6:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sorry I don't please talk to the Dr
    rayna_82

Answer by rayna_82 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Exercise. Put the baby in a stroller or sling and go for a walk, if feasible join a gym w/ child day care, look for stroller strider groups in your area.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 6:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Sorry, but I would go to the doctor. Post partum depression is nothing to mess around with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I was extremely depressed after my second child was born, but I knew why I was depressed. I had a two year old already who still wined and cried, I had a husband who doesn't like be at home and he would not take the oldest child with him. One day I grabbed my sisters and did a day without kids and I had a crying screaming fight with my husband about him not ever being home and then my depression went away (not right away but it did). I told him all the thoughts that were running through my mind and I mentally took control of them.

If there is not a specific cause to your depression you will want to see a dr. Do it for your child as much as yourself.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Placental encapsulation. Seriously.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• exercise and/or a girls night out worked wonders for me. Even grocery shopping by myself was helpful. Do something without baby for just a little bit and you'll feel much better :)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 7:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Everyone one deals, and heals differently. For yourself and child you should still talk to a dr. Mayne tell him or her you would prefer not to have a perscription and see if they have any suggestions. But it really isnt anything to mess around with and you should talk to someone soon. Good luck.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Breastfeed and co bed and baby wear
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011