Potty training a boy. I'm taking all advice please!!

Mommieof22008

Asked by Mommieof22008 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 2 (Jan.29th) and is ALMOST ALL DONE! Go naked, lol... Screw the little potty... Have someone build you a 2 step stole, and invest in a potty seat that goes right on your potty...

It will happen!!! Remind him, reward him and even if he pees on the floor, always bring him to the potty, and reward for just sitting... Do high fives, give choco-chips (I did 1 for sitting, 2 for pees and a bunch of poos....)

Good Luck!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 7:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• When my son was 2, his dad left us and I was broke. I had just started potty training him, I told him, "you're a big boy now and we don't have money for diapers so you have to use the big potty now.' He never had an accident, if it were only that easy for my girls!
    CarrieR62

Answer by CarrieR62 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I only have girls but my mom used Fruit Loops to train my brother. She would have my brother toss a Fruit Loop in the toilet and tell him to hit it with his pee. So it became a game. It worked. You may not want to eat Fruit Loops ever again, but he will be potty trained...lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• be careful about choclate for rewards. It can cause constipation.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I knew a girl who put a floating target ie rubber ducky in the toilet ..can't remember if it worked but it sounds fun!
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have 3 boys and it was easier to train them then my DD. I bought a oval shaped thing that we just sat on the toilet and used a step stool. I started by putting them on the toilet as soon as they woke up every morning. Next I would take them to the potty about 15-20 minutes after they had a beverage. I sat down and read them a book for the longer trips to the toilet. I think the flushable wipes were helpful with the # 2's. I rewarded them with praise and gave them m&m's or some other treat that was especially for "being a big boy". I don't recommend pull ups instead try the cotton training pants during the day and use a diaper for nap and bed time until he gets up and goes without you waking him up. Hope I helped
    rayna_82

Answer by rayna_82 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• o I forgot cotton balls makes good targets. lol
    rayna_82

Answer by rayna_82 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Thanks guys, I will have to experiment with all those. Im sure he will prob enjoy the " aiming at stuff in the toilet bowl" alot!
    Mommieof22008

Comment by Mommieof22008 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• With my boys we started off having them sit down going potty then when they got the hang of it then they started standing up. It worked out a lot easier for them to sit at first.
    TeresaM35

Answer by TeresaM35 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2011