MRI and my toddler

Tomorrow my son, 2, goes for an MRI... Long story short they are looking tumors...

What can I expect?

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 7:06 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They will sedate your boy to do an MRI it's needed as you REALLY have to hold still for it to be accurate and clear. TRY not to stress at this point. Worrying wont help anything and your little ones needs to see a strong and supportive Mommy. Let us know how it goes. I pray it all goes well for your Boy and that you will be strong for him.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Have they talked to you about possible anasthesia? Sometimes, they put them to sleep, because that is just the easiest way to do it. It is less stressful for the baby, too.

Just take it slow. The less stressed you are the better. Arrive early, and plan for a while afterward . . you may need some extra cuddle time before you can pack up and leave.

It will be fine, and you will be relieved when it is over, mama.

Prayers for a scan that is clear of tumors! Good luck!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My daughter had an MRI at about 16 months...they did not sedate her. They wrapped her up and I straddled her...It was much harder on me, then on her. She cried but it was for a head injury. THey told me they try to do it without sedation first. I guess it depends on how long it will take and what they areexactly looking for
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2011