Feeding tube and my toddler...

My son, 2, may get a feeding tube tomorrow, depending on the results of his MRI... WHat can I expect? Does it hurt them? How is the food put into the tube?

Please help me!

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 7:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They will either out him in the papoose which is a Velcro body brace to hold him still so they can insert the tube, or they will do it while he is sedated. Its NO FUN to have a tube inserted through your nose and down your throat into your tummy, let alone do it to a 2 y.o. They inject the liquid nutrient with a huge plunger thing that looks like a shot and put it in the tube. You have EVERY right to BE IN the room when they do this, and to ask ANY and ALL questions you want. DONT let them boss you around. Your child is 2 y.o and Your the Mommy. You have a right to be present for it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2011