....The MMR Vaccine....

Did your child/children get it? if so how many months, and did they handle it ok?

chrissysue85

Asked by chrissysue85 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kid's got a fever and cranky a few days that was 20 some years ago. You CAN get the MMR shots SEPARATELY now and DO NOT have to get all 3 at the same time. The MMR is the shot some claim gives their kid's autism. So get them over a 2 month time frame one at a time. DEMAND them one at a time,
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• They have all handled their vax's well, My boys got them on time, daughter was a little later than normal, middle daughter was 18m and 2 y/o has not gotten vax's yet. She will be getting them over the next year or so.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• yes, she has had all of her vaccines...she had them on schedule and handled them absolutely fine. She handled all of her vaccines fine. She's 2 1/2 now and done until she is 4.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Yes they got it, at the recommended age (whenever that is), and they didn't have any side effects out of the norm. However, if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have had them vaccinated nearly as much. They won't be getting any more.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• studies have proven vaccines do not cause autism - just a thought

yes, all 3 of my daughters had it with their 1 year old set of shots. the most that happened was slight crankiness, tiredness, and a low grade fever. all of which disappeared magically the next day.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• All three got it at 18 months. I believe my first got a little sleepy. Other than that, they were fine.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• The MMR shot does NOT give children autism--that was a fact I knew even before they proved that study false.

All of my children got the vaccine and other than being a bit cranky and tired, they were fine.

Yes, one of my children has autism, but so does several members of his father's side of the family. They have now discovered it is genetic, not vaccine related.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• see ladies...im so nervous because my twins are due soon....and i seen a video of a little boy who went brain damaged 2 days after the mmr shot.....omg it is heartbreaking.....and now im so scared....
    chrissysue85

Comment by chrissysue85 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Chrissy, the best thing that YOU can do, is research the info yourself. Look at both sides of the argument...pro-vaccine sites and anti-vaccine sites, and decide for yourself. Arm yourself with knowledge. You'll make the best decision that you can, and you will feel better knowing it.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• ive been doing SO MUCH research, for MONTHS.....im just still....so confused...i dont know what to do, im scared something bad is going to happen.
    chrissysue85

Comment by chrissysue85 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2011