Does your SO work overnight?

My S/O does.. and I hate it!! I don't like being home at night by myself!! If your s/o does work at night what do you do to keep yourself sane? I'm just use to him being here with me :/ But I'm grateful that he is working because we do need the money!

MissLoveLyfe

Asked by MissLoveLyfe at 7:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Mine used to when we first started our family and it was not fun. Now he works first shift and leaves the house at 4:30 am. I love to read and crochet so that's how I pass my time :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Mine does too.
    He's worked 36 hours straight before.

We have trouble in our marriage, so it doesn't really bother me. Keeps him out of my face lol
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• he works from 8am-7pm..and is on-call every hour inbetween, plus weekends/holidays.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My husband doesn't work over nights on a regular "schedule"/basis. BUT he does spend about a week a month (sometimes more/less) out of town/state. The longest he's been gone so far was 2 weeks and that was over 300 mmiles away. The shortest he's been gone was for 24 hours straight and he was only about 4 hours away. He'll be gone most of next week. What sucks is he gets anywhere from 2 weeks to one day notice that he's leaving.

Do pass the time i spend the day with the baby. Then the boys come home fro mschool and we do homework. We all they spend some time with the baby. I cook and clean during this time. Then after they go to bed, I watch movies that hubby won't watch LOL. I call this my "girley" time :) I also use the time to clean things that I can't clean while hubby is here.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 8:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Lol.. @LorisChar.. That is something because last night while he was at work I thought to myself "oooh now I can watch Eat.Love.Pray because he will never watch it with me" lol Thanks ladies!!
    MissLoveLyfe

Comment by MissLoveLyfe (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• My DH leaves at 7pm and gets home around 8am. I don't sleep much at night on the nights he works. I just keep the hours he does. My son and I do alot of the house work together. I am on CM alot for this reason. It doesn't bother me though.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011