could this be the start of getting sick?

Im 16 weeks pregnant and i woke up this morning so tired that i started shaking and now im starting to get a soar throat and i havent even gotten my flu shot yet. Should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you getting dizzy?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• yes
    Anonymous

• could be drink lots of water take vitamin c and garle salt water to help with the sore throat and get plenty of rest hopefully it will pass fast.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• When I was at your stage I would get dizzy spells, I'd feel really tired and my vision would get dark around the edges. I'd have to sit down or risk falling. Doc said my blood pressure was low and it would level off naturally . You could just have the start of a cold. Call you doc, Most are good at call backs for med question.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Yup! I had a couple of nasty colds when I was pregnant, and they always started small.

As for the dizzy, I'd maybe mention it to the doc and have your iron checked (if it hasn't already been). Half of all pregnant women have low iron, and one of the symptoms is that gross dizzy-shaky thing (I'm borderline anemic, and I can always tell when I need to take an iron supplement when I get that feeling!). It also may help you fight off those lovely winter illnesses everyone passes around!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008