I would like some advice on dealing with my 7yr old daughter bad behaviors

she doesnt listen, hard headed. talks back when told to do something. acting out in school

lisandra23

Asked by lisandra23 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is there anything different going on at home? Any kind of change?
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 7:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Did all of these behaviors start at the same time? Are they all new behaviors?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• A good old spanking will work, she is 7 not 3 she knows right from wrong and knows how to act,u jus got to remind her whos the parent and hows the child. If u dont get it dealt with now then it will jus get worse
    spanisheyes552

Answer by spanisheyes552 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have to agree with spanisheyes552. My 7 yo is a pain the butt most days and tries to defy me often. . . but you have to put your foot down and make your position as parent stick. . . she is the child. . . no matter what is effecting the change in attitude she needs to respect you as the parent and live up to your expectations.
    Anonymous

• Have you gone in to school and asked for the teacher's advice to help her? Is there a school counselor who could also help? Is she one of several children? If so, is she getting enough positive individual attention from you and your SO? Have consistent rules and punishment like taking away THE most important thing in the world to her for an appropriate length of time. That's what worked best for our kids. You also might look at the book The Strong Willed Child. Your library should have it. There are others too that you could browse through in a good book store. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• my daughter only been with me for about 5 or 6 month my mother had custidy of her since she was baby this behavior just dint start it started when she was with my mother and my mother couldnt deal with it and gave her back to me i have tryed so many things to change the way she been i have tooking away stuff she love i have spanked her talked to her even her teacher even talked to her its like she dont care and keep doing the same thing over and over again and i really dont know wat to do and shes not my only child i have another little girl thats 2 and shes also mean to her sister never wants to play with her or anything...
    lisandra23

Comment by lisandra23 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• See if a school counselor can work with her and offer you advice also. She has had a very disrupted life if she has lived with your mom and now is with you. She needs a lot of love and guidance.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• she always have my love i show attention from when she wakes up to go to school and when she gets out have spoke to the school counselor about her behaviors she goes see them twice a week when shes in school and its like she keep doing the samething it could be probably something that happen up at my mom house i dont know or a change thats she going through now thats shes with me i dont know i just need sum advice i have tryed alot of things
    lisandra23

Comment by lisandra23 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• well shes prob feeling unloved and tossed away its prob a sycological thing because of life she had you are gonna have to get her to understand why you did what you did and that you love her and want her and stay strict and dont let her get away with it eother way whoop her little butt
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Maybe see a private counselor/pyschologist with her. Sounds like a deep rooted problem
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2011